Although there are prehistoric archaeological remains in the vicinity, the documented history of Alameda del Valle begins in 1302, when Castilian knights founded the Valdelozoya quiñones and repopulated the lands of the sierra in one more step of the reconquest of the plateau. Belonging to the Sexmo de Lozoya, and therefore to the Community and land of Segovia, life in Alameda del Valle has always depended on the agricultural and livestock work of its people, who have always known how to take advantage of and conserve the natural riches of these lands .
At the beginning of the 19th century Alameda del Valle became part of the province of Madrid. At the moment the population of Alameda del Valle continues working the agriculture for family consumption, the cattle ranch, and in the last years there has been a strong increase in the tourist sector. The first documented data: Alfonso X the Wise, in letter of 1273 granted tax exemptions to those who dwell or dwell, also named in the Book of Montería, Alfonso XI, as a port and means of communication. The Archpriest of Hita in his book of Good Love, in Las Serranillas del Marqués de Santillana, cites the port of Malagosto.
According to the ordinances of the Council of Segovia in 1302, Segovian knights settled in the valley, forcing to build a house and protect the lands or quiñones from the incursions of the Arabs who inhabited the lowlands. The Marquis of Ensenada, in 1750, ordered the first Cadastre. Madoz, in 1848, again cites us as a communication port of the Lozoya Valley with the city of Segovia. In the descriptions of Cardinal Lorenzana, in 1782, a wooden bridge was mentioned to cross the Lozoya River and a hospital house where beggars were gathered. For the beginning of summer of 2002 the VII Centenary of the creation of the four quiñones is celebrated that gave rise to the current populations of Pinilla del Valle, Alameda del Valle, Oteruelo del Valle and Rascafría.